Donna Bordeaux, CPA
As a young child, Donna was obsessed with cash registers, calculators, and computers (when they came into existence). It was easy to tell that numbers were in her future career path.
Donna started her accounting career working with a small business through college to help them streamline and add technology to their processes in a time that technology was still a risk. Following graduation from college, she worked for Schroedel, Scullin & Bestic CPAs, a regional accounting firm in Ohio. After falling in love with the Charlotte area, she moved in 1996 and worked for Sunrise Software, Inc. a construction accounting software firm.
Donna has worked in both public and private accounting ventures and began the business with an emphasis on individual and business tax. Most traditional accounting firms base their emphasis on completing tax returns and the “necessary evils”. Donna enjoys helping business owners by providing advice and guidance all throughout the year and consulting with owners to make sure their goals align with their business activities. Her love of technology and organization has led the firm’s ability to leverage technology to the fullest extent and allow for strong customer interaction and relationships.
Outside of the firm, Donna is an active participant and board member of the Lake Wylie Chamber of Commerce. She is an active networker with other local business owners in our community. Donna also volunteers with her son’s school and is the treasurer of the Families of the Palisades Episcopal School association
Donna enjoys boating, geocaching, traveling and relaxing with a good book on Lake Wylie with her friends and family. Her 7-year old son, Zack takes up most of her free time.
Other quick facts about Donna:
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting from Youngstown State University
- Currently serving a 2-year term on the SCACPA's Taxation Committee
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (SC License #7136)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the South Carolina Association of CPAs
- Received the CPA Technology Advisors 40 Under 40 Award in 2009 for contributions to the field of accounting
- Served on the Board of Directors for the Metrolina Real Estate Investors Association from 2009 through 2010
Follow Donna on these popular Social Networking Sites: